The quick and dirty: I’m a romance writer who happens to do a little lawyering to pay the bills.
The slightly longer, more detailed version: I’m a Southern girl with Northern sensibilities, a slight twang, who still uses the word y’all (but never fixin’). I have a dark heart and love writing twisted love stories. Here and there, I write some poetry.
A few of my favorites, in no particular order: Bukowski, tattoos, whiskey, Han Solo, tulips, girls who wield blades, coffee – vast amounts of it – and yoga.
10 Random Facts about Me:
1. My favorite word is obstreperous
2. My parents are from India, south India to be exact – Calicut and Trivandrum – but Indians never think I’m Indian. I mean never. I don’t think I’ve met an Indian who knew I was Indian until they heard my name. And then they asked me why I’m named Madhuri!
3. My home town of Snellville, Georgia is that wondrous place where “everybody is somebody.”
4. Growing up, I had a dog named Porky, a guinea pig named Fran, a hamster named Omar, a rabbit named Kukumundo and a horse named Mrs. Murphy; post-college, I had a pit bull named Bonita (after Applebaum, of course) and a rottweiler named Suge (not after Knight, thank you very much); I used to have a fish named Carmelo Anthony and now, I have a dog named Django. As in unchained. As in the D is silent. And trust when I say, sweetheart is afraid of his own shadow.
5. I have a thing for Rihanna. It’s irrational and unrestrained and honestly, I lose all sane judgment when it comes to her. Girlfriend is such a badass. I love her. Madly.
6. In my humble opinion, there is no place on earth quite like New Orleans
7. I have The Kid and The Step Daughter and they. are. awesome. Absolutely fierce. The coolest kids ever and I’m incredibly lucky to call them mine.
8. I laugh. A lot. It’s probably going to give me serious lines and wrinkles but it’s so worth it.
9. I only have 1 piercing, but search my body and you’ll find 10 tattoos and counting…
10. Lisa Bonet made me love my brown skin…but not my big nose. That took some time, but these days we’re pretty cool with each other.
One day I plan to grow up. Right now, I’m enjoying the adventure.
REPRESENTED BY KIMBERLY BROWER
BROWER LITERARY & MANAGEMENT