1. I love Posh. I mean, come on. That leg. How can you not?
2. I also love Chicago but while I was out there for The Kid’s spring break, it was fucking cold those first few days. I couldn’t help but dream of the beach. Of course, meeting The Edibles, my insanely cute niece and nephew, warmed even my cold, dark heart. I’m not the most baby-friendly person, but those two are so damn delicious, it’s hard to keep your hands off them. (And sorry, I’m not including pictures of them because they’re not my kids and I don’t want my sister and BIL to kick my ass for possible misappropriation of all that cuteness, just trust when I say you probably haven’t seen a more nibble-worthy duo. Ever.)
Underneath the El, Chicago
3. I’ve always thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan is sexy but holy fuck he does something to me as Negan. Holy fuck.
4. This is quickly devolving into the celebrity version of Random Thoughts but who cares? Every so often one is allowed to salivate over some famous folk, especially if they’re named Matt. As in Matt Damon. As in my other problem, the one that’s not named Rihanna. I mean, come on, he’s freaking Jason Bourne. Can you blame me?
Also, that Jason Bourne trailer is. the. shit.
5. I had an amazing writing moment this week. I was working on a chapter in JUMA told from Juma’s POV and it was the first time I’d written her in a while and it’s a major chapter for her so I was kind of worried about getting it just right so I was thinking about it for a second, going over all the ways to approach it, and finally told myself, “self, shit or get off the pot,” and started writing. An hour later I looked up from the screen to take a breather and realized I had been so deep into my works, like really up in them, kind of lost, that I had no clear idea of what I’d put down on the paper. Which is both scary and amazing. And this time I’m happy to report, I come down on the amazing side of things because that chapter I wrote, while “in the zone”, holy fuck it is brilliant. I can’t wait to share it.
6. This was my birthday week and I say week because I’ve been celebrating all damn week. I’m normally not so energized about my birthday – it’s just another day of my life – but this year I felt the need to treat myself and so that’s what I’ve been doing. It began with my fabulous college roommate coming into town with gifts of tequila and a personal and perfect flask, because she knows me like that, to a poetry reading at Bowery Poetry Club’s open mic night to David Gandy and blueberry pancake cakes to breakfast at Bubby’s on a weekday with my favorite girl, ordering coffee with a side of tequila, acting like we’re two rich bitches without a care in the world. It’s been fun and I’ve been happy but now it’s time to get back at it, meet these daily word counts, and finish this book. Welcome to the #writelife, I believe they call this #livingthedream.
7. Also, in case I didn’t say it, my friends are the best. The Best. Every girl should be surrounded by as much love as I am – I feel ridiculously lucky to have them in my life. That is all.