1. The wink. I don’t even need to discuss it. If you know me, you understand.
2. Also, he is pure sex. Like good lord he makes it difficult to breathe. And again, if you know me, you understand.
3. For various reasons that I shall not go into on these pages, writing is difficult these days. I’m so used to either opening the Notes on my phone or flipping up the top of my laptop and just going with the flow…and for years the flow has been a goddamned river of words and characters and battles and sex and love. Serious, gut-wrenching, earth-shattering, fall-on-your-knees love. It’s in my blood, lives in my bones, it’s what makes me happy. But these days, getting it onto the page is tough. I have to push and pull and tug in ways I’ve never before had to struggle, my words wanting to stay in my head, bumping around in my brain, rather than sit on the page for someone else to enjoy (or rip to shreds). Thank the gods for my poetry – for some reason, that’s what’s easy for me these days. Maybe it’s the rhythm or the brevity or the subject-matter, whatever it is, it works and it’s keeping me grounded and living in my words and hopeful that soon enough, my prose will start gushing forth again. I can feel it, that twitch in my fingertips and the dreams of Dutch and Juma…I’m just waiting, I know my muse will return.
4. Speaking of words, I read a short story written by my friend and fellow Write Bitch, Kayti Nika Raet, and let me tell you, her way with words is gorgeous. You want to fall into her words and just lose yourself for a while. Grab her stuff – you won’t regret it.
5. The Kid was rummaging around in my office, something he knows he’s not supposed to do, but does anyway because for some reason, my office holds great fascination for him, and found an old belly shot of me when I was pregnant with him. Not being a huge fan of the belly shot, I’ve kept that sucker well-hidden since we moved to the new house, but The Kid ain’t having it. He has discovered that and some other shots of him as a baby and has created a timeline of himself, of which he is quite proud, and has it displayed in the upstairs hallway (thanks to my parents, who love to co-sign all of his nonsense). He is insanely cute but hot damn, I hate that belly shot.
6. Gael Garcia Bernal in Mozart in the Jungle – PRICELESS. If you’re not watching, I am so sorry for you.
7. In a similar vein, Robyn Wright in season three of House of Cards – holy fucking shit, she brought it and she brought it hard. That final scene, and her smirk – god, I love her.
8. And finally, I’m getting that itch, the one where I feel the need for some new ink. I know exactly what I want, it’s just a matter of taking my ass down to Rising Dragon, cornering Jason, and getting my design started.