He felt they would be a great platform for me and my books
Little did he know I would have much more fun listening to their podcasts
and stalking Tatiana
mostly because she’s pretty fucking fierce
Of course she is
would you expect anything less from the
Grand Duchess of Tech
As I’m wont to do
I never got around to mentioning my books to her
or my blog
or really anything pertaining to promoting me and my writing
but I did ask her for an interview
and she did say yes
Check out the Grand Duchess getting a little Proustian wIth it
Getting Proustian With…
TATIANA KING JONES
1. What is your greatest fear? Not being there for those who need me most. Fear of failure
2. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Being indecisive grind my gears.
4. What is your current state of mind? At a crossroads…
5. On what occasion do you lie? I always tell the truth—even when I lie….
6. What is the quality you most like in a man? Being action/execution-oriented/ a “go-getter”
7. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “…You know”
8. What or who is the greatest love of your life? In the “what” category–technology
9. When and where were you happiest? In Costa Rica in March 2015
10. Which talent would you most like to have? It would fill me with such joy if I only knew how to sing.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would make myself taller!
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Not sure I’ve got to that point yet—my greatest personal achievement SO FAR? Speaking on a panel at SXSW 2014.
13. Where would you most like to live? I’d prefer to have several dwellings so I can choose where to hang out depending upon season.
14. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Being completely unable to be yourself and having to follow other people’s rules without recourse.
15. What is your most marked characteristic? I’m extremely protective of things (or people) I think are important in my life.
16. What do you most value in your friends? Honesty and being responsible with my friendship (i.e. being there when I need them the most)
17. Who are your favorite writers? They change as I discover new work but two mainstays are: Isaac Asimov and Octavia Butler
18. Who are your heroes in real life? Diana Ross, Nichelle Nichols, Eartha Kitt, and any Black woman in tech/engineering
19. What are your favorite names? Favorite names for myself? Like nicknames? King or Tati
20. What is it that you most dislike? I can’t stand inaction…standing still in the proverbial sense. If you have the power to progress—do it. DO IT!
21. How would you like to die? Vampires don’t die…. [BEST ANSWER YET!!]
22. What is your motto? “When you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready”
Tatiana G. King-Jones, the self-proclaimed “Grand Duchess of Tech”, has served the social media and Internet community as a thought leader, tech advocate, and opinionated “nerd” personality. Mrs. King-Jones levies a large audience on various social media services to share and disseminate information on a variety of topics in the realm of “nerdom”. Mrs. King-Jones’ passion for general nerdery includes: emerging technologies, consumer electronics, mobile devices, sci-fi, anime, video games, movies, and other related topics.
From the 56k dial up era to the broadband/4G, mobile device revolution, Mrs. King-Jones has continued to grow incredibly knowledgeable in the tech industry. She’s remained current in the field and continues to absorb interesting and helpful information. Tatiana’s eclectic array of interests has her often functioning as a guide for those seeking advice on everything from gadgets to fashion.
Mrs. King-Jones owns and operates the tech blog LoveAt1stByte.com and is a co-host on the Fan Bros Show podcast; the premiere podcast of geek culture via people of color. She has participated in various speaking engagements and appearances including: as a panelist at SXSW 2014 for the session “How the Black Twitterverse is Changing Pop Culture”, “GTA V and Violence in Video Games” segment on Arise360TV, and a guest lecturer at Howard University Law School for the course “Social Media and The Law”.