A writer friend hit me with the perfect
random blog post
share seven facts about my writing
so here you go
Seven Facts About My Writing
1. I wrote huge chunks of The Sanctum Trilogy on my 20 minute commute into and out of the city – it was quite amazing how much I would accomplish in those short spurts
2. While writing THE GIRL, I tried to be good and write from an outline, but found it too confining – the best decision I made was throwing that baby out the window and just winging it. So long as I know my beginning, my ending and the general story arc, I seem to be fine, and the words just flow. It’s when I try to be someone I’m not, that I run into problems.
3. I love writing sex – I had no idea I would love writing sex, but I do and I think I’m kinda good at it
4. For some reason, I find my men very easy to write, they come naturally to me – the women’s voices take some work to develop – I have no idea what that says about me as a person or a writer, but that’s the truth of it
5. Even though I’ve finally moved past my characters Dev and Wyatt and have started writing again, honestly, I don’t think I will ever REALLY move past them.
6. I have to know my characters’ names before I do anything – I don’t know why, but this is vital and until it’s perfect, I can’t write a word.
7. My current work is kinda sorta nasty and a blast to write
And there you have it – my seven.
Now show me yours.