Some months back, the always interesting, thought-provoking, witty Inertial Confinement nominated me for a Liebster Award. Not sure I’m worthy of such praise, but like any good magpie, collecting and hoarding anything and everything shiny and bright, I’m taking it and loving it.
Thanks Inertial! You rock.
So what does it mean to be nominated for a Liebster?
From what I gather, the Liebster Award is an award by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s handed out to foster good vibes and promote connection and support. It’s also a great way to shine a little extra love on some new peeps.
Subsequent to being nominated, there are a few things you’ve gotta do:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know they have been nominated
So, how about it? Let’s do this shit.
- I’m the eldest of three; I have a younger brother and a younger sister. I don’t talk about them much because I have a feeling they would get pissed if I did – they don’t strike me as the types who like their shit out in the universe. I will say this about them: they are both super hot.
- My mom is a twin – fraternal to be exact. She and my aunt are pretty fierce. Total opposites, but both rock stars in their own right.
- I can wiggle my ears, flare my nostrils, and curl my tongue…because I am awesome like that.
- Growing up, like any good 70s home, my parents had a copy of The Joy of Sex and one of my favorite things to do was sneak in their room and study that sucker for as long as I could.
- In high school, coming home late one night, I tried to avoid a road block so I cut across to a different street because I was 17 and slick. The cop followed me, turned on his lights, and pulled me over. I knew I was dead. He then took my license, read my name, came back to the car, leaned in and said, “You’re Dr. Pavamani’s kid so I’m gonna let this one slide, but don’t be pulling that kind of stunt again.” Lesson learned: sometimes living in a small town ain’t so bad.
- I have a scar cutting through my right eyebrow from chasing my neighbor’s dog late at night and crashing into a telephone pole support wire. Total fuckery.
- When I got bitten by a dog a couple of summers back, one of the first thoughts that ran through my head once I calmed the fuck down, was “holy shit! thank god it didn’t bite my face.” Vanity first, bitches.
- My fingers have been tingling lately – time to restart those carpel tunnel exercises
- I need some yoga in my life
- I’m a sucker for coffee ice cream and peanut butter. Not together…but now that I think on it, that’s probably so fucking good.
- I had a nose-ring in law school – it’s time to re-open that baby.
11 Questions from Inertial:
- Where do you feel most at home? On Martha’s Vineyard – I’m meant to live on an island.
- What song hits you right in the heart? Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka – it’s gorgeous
- Do you have a guilty pleasure book or TV show? Uh, duh. EMPIRE…it’s all about Cookie, bitches.
- Is there a song you secretly get down to that you would be embarrassed if anyone found out? Me and my horrible taste in music is no secret so really, nothing embarrasses me when it comes to busting a move. That said, my knowledge of the Mariah Carey play book is frightening and would certainly embarrass a lesser woman.
- Have you ever traveled outside of your home country? Yup, lots.
- Where do you hope to be in six years? Wrapped in happiness
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? Han Solo for a while, then wrestling anacondas in the Amazon like Gerald Durrell.
- What’s your favorite fictional couple? Wyatt and Dev from my trilogy, The Sanctum. I also love Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, Sal Paradise and Dean Moriarty, Liraz and Ziri, and Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow…because they ARE happening
- What color(s) do you wear most? Black.
- What was the last thing you googled/searched for? dragons
- What’s the last thing you lost and have you found it yet? My sanity and who the fuck knows.
And I nominate:
My questions for you good people:
- Favorite writer and why?
- Define happiness
- 6 words to describe you
- Favorite literary anti-hero
- Any dreams deferred? Why?
- Sneakers or shoes?
- What do you find attractive in a partner?
- Tell me a joke
- Poetry or prose?
- Favorite place to write?
- Three items going with you to paradise