1. I have a blog post I’m writing about Gabriel Garcia Marquez and what he means to me but I keep having to stop work on it because it makes me cry.
2. I will pretty much do anything in a gym class, no matter the difficulty and strain, so long as you’re pumping RiRi or Kanye through the sound system. In class the other day “We Found Love” came on and I don’t even really like that song but I was suddenly re-energized. And when “Black Skinhead” plays, and those opening beats pump through you and that “For my theme song, My leather black jeans on” blasts out, let me tell you, it is on.
3. Is it ever going to feel like spring around here?!
4. The waitress last night at Stanton Social was a complete bitch, and not in the affectionate way I tend to use that word.
5. My friend, Mei, brought me a box of tampons the other day for no reason at all except that she knows I always forget them in my gym bag. It’s a girl thing. We can be totally random with each other about the most personal shit.
6. Prince’s “Take Me With You” is just so freaking good.
8. I love the word Meraki
9. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the number of attorney evaluations (51 in total, have completed 19) I have to complete by the end of today. I have been so busy that I completely forgot about them until this morning, when I received an email, reminding me they are due today. I. Am. Fucked.
10. So of course, I’m writing this post because I would rather do anything than draft those freaking evals!
11. Oh, and my migraine just broke after two and half days of brutal, mind-numbing pain. I feel like a person again. Just in time for the weekend.